- Administrative Leadership
- Student Learning & Development
ContactDr. Mark Harrington
The master’s program in Higher Education and Student Affairs Administration (formerly College Student Personnel Administration) at Canisius College prepares student affairs professionals to work in all sectors of higher education administrationat both public and private colleges and universities. Grounded in a theory-to-practice educational philosophy, the HESAA program combines the in-class education of graduate coursework with the experiential learning of required internships to achieve its mission. Graduate assistantships are also available, which provide additional experience.
Graduates of the Higher Education and Student Affairs Administration master’s degree program will:
- be prepared to enter the student affairs profession as practitioners in multiple administrative sub-fields (residence life, student activities, career services, etc.).
- be able to use the foundations of theory and practical experience to make sound and ethical professional decisions.
- be prepared to participate as professionals in the education of the whole student, consistent with the Jesuit value of cura personalis (“care for the person”), regardless of the institutional context of their work.
- understand the value of contributing to their profession through participation in professional associations, and through activities such as presentations and publications and serving in leadership positions.
Number of Program Faculty
- None Required
- Full time
- Part time