- Ph D.
- Administrative Leadership
- Community College Leadership
- Student Learning & Development
ContactDr. Barett Taylor
The UNT Program in Higher Education promotes human development through education, research, and service that advance the profession of, and scholarship in, higher education.
The Program provides education and professional development for individuals who serve or will serve as administrators, faculty, and scholars in higher education institutions, governmental agencies, policy or research centers, and professional associations that conduct postsecondary education in the United States and globally.
The PhD in Higher Education program is designed for individuals primarily interested in the scholarly inquiry and/or teaching of higher education as a field of study. The PhD in higher education is particularly appropriate to the following careers:
- Academic and research positions in graduate instructional programs of higher education, higher education institutes and centers for the study of higher education.
- Applied and management research positions in institutions of higher learning, government agencies, consortia of higher education institutions and higher education professional associations.
- Senior administrative positions in four-year colleges and universities where in-depth knowledge and understanding of the conceptual bases of higher education administration are required.
Number of Program Faculty
- None Required
- Full time
- Part time